This is a popular 16×2 LCD Display Blue/Green LED Backlight display. It is based on the HD 44870 display controller which makes it is easy to interface this LCD most micro-controllers. Its extreme popularity ensures that no matter which micro controller platform you are using, you will definitely find ready libraries to use this LCD.
It works of 5v and has a Blue/Greenbacklight which can be switched on and off as desired. The contrast of the screen can also be controlled by varying the voltage at the contrast control pin (pin 3). The display is 16 character by 2 line display has a very clear and high contrast white text upon a Blue/Green background/backlight.
One thing to consider is you’ll waste about 8 Pins on your Arduino for the display to get working. Luckily there exists an I2C adapter that you can solder right onto the pins of the display. So all you need to connect are the I2C pins, which shows a good library and little of coding. You can buy I2C adapter buy searching I2C module.
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- Blue/Green Backlight
- 5×7 Dot Matrix Character + Cursor
- HD44780 Equivalent LCD Controller/driver Built-In
- 4-bit or 8-bit MPU Interface
- Works with almost any Microcontroller
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- 1 x 16×2 LCD Display Blue/Green LED Backlight